Thursday 12 August 2010

Nerd It Up

Soon after the last post, I went to my dad and asked him if he knew where a microscope was. I knew he had one, turns out he has two, and within the hour I was peering through the eyepiece at some mould I'd scraped off my bedroom door.

I'm so glamorous.

And now, I'm thinking about illustrating science.


If there is anything that Bill Bryson has made clear to me in his book, A Short History of Nearly Everything, it's that despite how much humans have learned, there is still a lot out there left for us to learn. Even the stuff we do know is a bit foggy. Whether it's illustrating species, explaining phenomenon, or presenting theories, there's always something to do. Which means... I'll always have something to draw.

Here's some I did earlier. What do you think?

I think I like painting bugs and stuff. One time, when I was younger, I painted a snail with nail varnish to make him pretty.

Maybe I'll utilise my CGD skillz to create interactive informative stuff. It doesn't even have to be interactive stuff, I could model skeletons, or draw bugs, or do cartoony learning aids like I would do for myself back in school...

Just an idea. In other news, I've actually now gotten my dad to give me the plans and elevations for our house as it will look when he's finished the extension. So, as soon as I've had some food, because I am very hungry, I'm going to get to work on them and start building the place up in Maya.


3 comments:

  1. lol i saw the floor plans and thought you'd started working on an Attack Fox rip-off :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I'd also like mention after seeing your latest post Ollie that this was also my 100th-except-4-are-drafts-so-actually-96th post.

    ReplyDelete