Thursday 11 March 2010

The Butterfly Project with Ollie Elliott, and Dealing with Shizz.

We got a B12 in all areas and [surprise surprise] a B12 overall on it. Nice one.

Time to up the game I think though. My personal life is beginning to distress me to the point where I start getting in a childish strop over silly little things that don't really matter. I have two options.

1. Focus on my personal life and all it's silly little annoyances.
I could talk all day about how this would be a bad idea. The amount of energy I've been spending on tolerating situations I don't like is ridiculous. I could try putting more energy into it and try to figure out what to do about it all, but I think I my time would best be spent writing articles on Uncyclopedia about Carew's evil robot sheep [watch this space]. Or I could try option 2.

2. Focus on my professional skills, and let my personal life sort itself out.
Let's take a leaf out of the Tao-te Ching. I'll be honest, I've only read bits and bobs about the Tao, but I'm under the impression that if I'm struggling AND things are still going wrong, then there must be better ways of doing things. Someone said energy flows where attention goes, so if I spend so much time worrying about annoying things, they'll just grow out of proportion in my mind. Which they definitely have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment